Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Tetrad Color Wheel
Some things I've learned about tetrads color groups:
- A tetrad consists of 4 colors positioned on the color wheel in either a square or a rectangle as in this diagram.
- You determine the color choice by deciding what you would like your dominant color to be and the rest will be built off this dominant color choice.
- Choose a "sister" color by moving either 2 or 3 colors to the left or right of the one you chose.
- Number 3 and 4 are decided for you by following a straight line across the square or rectangle, finding the complements apparent if you had drawn an "X" inside the box.
- See my chart below for 9 possible color groups resulting from the diagram above. 1
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2009 (14)
- ▼ April (5)
- Kathy Nesseth Art
- As a child I began designing my own clothes while in 5th grade. Grandma let me use fabric from her stash and showed me how to use the treadle machine. My love for art and the creative began at that point, always having a current project of some kind. Painting has provided a unique creative outlet for me that I am thankful for, an exciting journey where there's always something new to learn.